WE Care International as a recently formed not-for-profit organization believes in the power of education and social entrepreneurship. The founder and current board members have been involved since 2004 supporting students in developing countries. We have helped over 30 students at all levels of education.
Turning Interest Into Action
Providing safe drinking water access is our priority. In spite of limited resources, the organization restored a water system that benefits a local village in many ways. We encourage the development of living water ecosystems and educate local residents about sustainable water management.
We are developing a microfinance program to encourage local entrepreneurial activities that will motivate families to overcome poverty and stimulate regional economic growth.
To empower disadvantageous communities through education and water infrastructure development.
- Founder, Jon Steiner meets and sponsors university students in Kenya and Mali
- Steiner expands support to secondary students in impoverished rural Kenya
-Sponsored students graduate in nursing
family, and former colleagues offer support for extended outreach.
- Financed excavation of reservoir in drought-stricken community
- WE Care International bounded as 501(c)(3) not-for-profit
- Safe drinking water project proposed for village in Western Kenya
- Fundraising campaign launched to finance deep well water project and educational expenses
- Completed the 1st Water Ecosystem project at Mahero community, Kenya.
-Initiating the Microfinance project
- Start building the first lady-only latrine, providing more privacy and better condition for ladies and young generations in the village
- 1st harvest of Microfinance program